[mythtv-users] Should I wait for the PVR 150

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 30 22:51:52 UTC 2004

On 12/17/2004 07:48 PM, nate s wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:01:56 -0500 (EST), Cory Papenfuss
><papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu> wrote:
>

>>>It is about $45 cheaper, and some wonder if it might even be better, though
>>>that remains to be seen.
>>>

>>        I'm one of the ones thinking it might be.  The video capture chip
>>(not the MPEG encoder) has the potential to capture higher resolution than
>>the Philips chip on the 250 and 350.
>>
> hadn't heard that it could capture higher resolutions.  Do you
>perhaps have a link to a page with more info on it?

Cory is not talking about capture size--the PVR-150 is limited to Full
D1 resolution (i.e. 720x480 NTSC or 720x576) just like the PVR-{2,3}50.
Instead, he's talking about luminance resolution.  I'll let him explain
it to you.  :)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/14904#14904
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/16239#16239

Mike