[mythtv-users] No Video pcHDTV 3000

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Thu Dec 30 18:22:52 UTC 2004

This is a new system and we have had many issues trying to set up mythv.
System configuration is:
Dual Opteron processors
pcHDTV 3000 - currently connected to cable tv
GeForce 6800 GT video card
Samsung 243T monitor
Fedora core 3

We finally managed to spelunk our way through to setting up the
database, filling the channels, setting up the weather, news, and web
interface. We have at least four days into making it this far.

The current issue is no video in mythtv when we try and watch tv, we are
also not able to exit this mode and end up killing the mythfrontend
process. We get video, but very poor quality using tvtime. Finally we
have not been able to configure the monitor run at the 1900x1200
resolution. We did see one report of someone getting this to work in
Fedora core 3 but they did not post the configuration.

We get much better video on the old Pentium III with an ATI Wonder card.