[mythtv-users] Re: Bundle of questions

Clive at Rational clive at rational-communications.com
Thu Dec 30 12:48:21 UTC 2004

> Hi Hugo,
>
> I've been playing with Myth since version 0.15, and
> I recently upgraded to
> 0.16.
> I also found the same problem as you describe under
> 1. My guess is it's
> because I'm using only 800x600. Connected to this is
> another problem; most
> letters are 'cut off', i.e. the 'g' doesn't fit on a
> line, and the bottom
> part is cut of, everywhere in the menus.
>
> However, it seems to me that all you are missing in
> the setup-screens are
> the 'next' and 'previous' buttons. I could very well
> manage to without
> seeing them.

Sorry, I disagree

The combination of the unfamiliar cursor-based
navigation and option-selection technique plus not
knowing which button is "in focus" makes configuration
attempts very difficult for me.

Other applications detect the screen native resolution
and scale or "scroll-bar" the screen menu accordingly
- why not mythtv?

This email comes from a place of deep frustration with
the number of problems I have experienced trying and
failing to configure this application.

Clive