[mythtv-users] Re: Bundle of questions

Clive at Rational clive at rational-communications.com
Thu Dec 30 12:36:02 UTC 2004

One answer, but you are not alone, if that is of any
comfort.

See below

Clive

> Hi,
>
> I have a number of questions I could not find in the
> documentation. (call
> me old fashioned but I would love to see the
> documentation on paper.)
>
>  1. How does one change the mythtvsetup screen so
> ALL of it is visible? I
> lost the lower half so I got about 2 rows of pixels
> indicating there are
> some buttons down below.

Me too. I was told to use mythfrontend / Appearance. I
fiddled with the "pixels" settings but could not get
it to work.

>  2. How does one remove incorrect entries (like
> duplicate cards) from the
> config?

 No idea. I'd like to know that too

>  3. How does one get channel information outside
> Northern America?

Aha!! Mythtvsetup > 3. Video SOurces > New video
source > Field: XMLTV grabber > Select e.g. Unitied
Kingdom or United Kindowm (alternate)

> I find the MythTV documentation unclear on major
> issues like these.

Agreed, agreed.