[mythtv-users] New Australian XMLTV grabber

Ben de Luca bend at bedel.mine.nu
Thu Dec 30 11:19:50 UTC 2004

> I agree that as a community we should be doing whatever we can to
> avoid disrupting Nine/Yahoo/etc's service. Hard to police that,
> though. The only way I can see of doing that is to scrape once and
> store it somewhere else for Aussie mythtv users to access. That would
> need someone to volunteer some web space and bandwidth.

what we should do in the short term is change the perl grabber so it
only uses one thread by default, possibly a cmd line arg could exist
that makes it run threaded. But there really isnt any need for it, I
assume that most people dont interact with the grabber by hand so it
doesnt matter if it takes 5 hours or 5 mins to run.

> Thte ABC xml looks like it's only 1 day which isn't really enough -
> you need to be able to see the schedule more than 1 day in advance.

It is which is a shame, It would be nice if we could find some one at
abc to talk to, the license on the data is pvr friendly. I cant see
them minding sharing a few more days.