[mythtv-users] Re: yum Dependancy

Clive at Rational clive at rational-communications.com
Thu Dec 30 11:04:13 UTC 2004

> Remove yum, then apt-get update, then apt-get
> install apt, and I believe all
> should be well from there out. Not sure why the
> kickstart is getting removed
> without replacing it with apt, that's what the
> normal behavior is... I'm
> working on a bare-metal box of my own tonight, I'll
> see what I run into...
>
> --
> Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
> jarod at wilsonet.com

FWIW I installed the apt-get packages onto an FC3
system. I too got this yum dependency error.

I uninstalled yum using apt-get remove , reasoning if
I lost apt I would just re-install it.

Result: No more yum dependency problems, apt-get still
works fine without needing re-installing.

BTW - can anyone help me out on my 4 or 5 threads I
have running about various problems with mythtvsetup,
mythfrontend and filldatabase? I'm feeling ignored and
lonely.

Also, even though I don't have a working MythTV setup
I'm happy to persist and share my experiences in the
hope someone can suggest a solution. I will take
sides, without the Jarod and Robert K guides I would
not even have made it THIS far with my install
attempt. So keep all info on-line (with disclaimers)
and update it based on feed-back (such as mine).

Clive