[mythtv-users] yum Dependancy

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Dec 30 09:27:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Remove yum, then apt-get update, then apt-get install apt, and I believe all
> should be well from there out. Not sure why the kickstart is getting removed
> without replacing it with apt, that's what the normal behavior is... I'm
> working on a bare-metal box of my own tonight, I'll see what I run into...

apt-get is lost in the provcess.

What I did was:
 1.	rpm -e yum
 2.	rpm -Uvh http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/atrpms-kickstart/atrpms-kickstart-25-1.rhfc3.at.i386.rpm
 3.	apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

By now you have a working apt package but have lost the yum capabilities
as yum will not install due to some unclear dependency:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  yum: Depends: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages but it is not installable
       Depends: Requires: but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

So if Axel could verify why it will not work we may be back in business.

The following line in the SPEC file is puzzling me:

Requires: Requires: %{python_libdir}
(http://download.atrpms.net/production/sources/fedora-3-i386/atrpms/yum.spec)

Hugo.