[mythtv-users] Re: Jarod's HOWTO for FC3/PVR-350/X - Please Take Offline

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Dec 29 23:57:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 02:30:47PM -0600, Michael J. Lynch wrote:
> I for one am grateful for Jarods guide and think he did an
> outstanding job with it.  The only thing that would make it even
> better would be if there was a link on the site to a kickstart to
> use to install the whole works from the ground up.

> Then about all his instructions would need to say would be:
>
>    Download kickstart.
>    Boot linux install aiming at kickstart floppy.
>    Come back later when it's done.
>
> Obviously it wouldn't be that easy, but pretty close.  :-)

This isn't too far fetched. In FC1 times there was an ATrpms enabled
DVD installer, so anaconda respins with MythTV on board wouldn't be
too hard, but a rather time intensive task.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net