[mythtv-users] Jarod's HOWTO for FC3/PVR-350/X - Please Take Offline

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 20:14:19 UTC 2004

Well helping to fix the problem is great, but shutting it down doesnt
help, Maybe Jarod hasnt had time to update it I mean he only has a
life away from mythtv, including a job, and a holiday season, but I am
sure any positive input to how to fix it might be useful, but if he
takes it down he might not get the info needed to finish the support.
We are all very lucky that jarod was nice enough to even write
anything down for people less linux or even technically inclined have
something to guide them. How many people are good at writing step by
step documentation especially in the higher ups in unix/linux. Someone
with decent technical documentation skills is hard to come by and
seeing he is giving up his time and effort for free (although he does
accept donations). I consider myself on the lower middle of linux tech
skill and google searching, but I was able to build my first myth box
barely functional after about 4-5 days of solid work and even then It
wasnt 100% functional. and with jarods guide and about 4 hours my
first time I had a fully functioning and recording box.