[mythtv-users] Newbie: FC3 - MythTVsetup GUI issue.

Clive at Rational clive at rational-communications.com
Wed Dec 29 15:07:01 UTC 2004

 Hello,

     I posted this question before but it has got
"lost" in the discussion and progress about
mythtvsetup so I'm creating a separate thread.

      Setup: Conexant WinFast TV2000 XP input card
 (a.k.a GDI Black Gold) - works fine under WinXPPro
 SP2
 Trying to run card under MythTV on a Fedora Core 3
 (FC3) kernel 2.6.9.something.

 The TV signal is being provided from a "terrestrial"
 aerial / antenna (UK).

     MythTv software install was performed according
 to  the excellent instructions in "Installing and
using  MythTV" by Robert Kulagowski

     I used the "apt-get" method to install all
 required MythTV (0.16) & other packages as the
 "manual" process seemed fantastically tedious.

     As far as I can tell the software is installed
 OK.

Problem
*******

 The mythtvsetup setup GUI screens seem to be
 "larger" than the window opened and the window is
 not  scrollable hence it is not always possible to
see
 the  "Cancel" "Back" and "next" buttons on a screen.
Is there a fix for this?

 Thanks for any help or pointers

 Clive