[mythtv-users] Re: mysql

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Wed Dec 29 14:48:54 UTC 2004

I think I sent this to the wrong place in the last post.

It looks something like this:

- On my system, I have to be logged-in as root in order to access the
mysql database (which is where the password is located).  Follow Jeff's
instructions about logging-in as root.
- My distro is Slackware, so it may look a slightly different.
- replace yourpassword with whatever it is  i.e. -peatatjoes, or
whatever.

root at sanson:~# mysql -uroot -pyourpassword
Your MySQL connection id is 15 to server version: 4.0.15a

mysql> show databases;
+-------------+
| Database    |
+-------------+
| mysql       |
| mythconverg |
| test        |
+-------------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> use mysql;

Database changed
mysql> show tables;
+-----------------+
| Tables_in_mysql |
+-----------------+
| columns_priv    |
| db              |
| func            |
| host            |
| tables_priv     |
| user            |
+-----------------+
6 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from user;
(this will give you a couple of screens of what looks like giberish
because it has many columns and it's not lined up, so do the next
command)

mysql> select host, user from user;
+-------------+--------+
| host        | user   |
+-------------+--------+
| %           | don    |
| %           | don1   |
| 192.168.0.% | mythtv |
| localhost   |        |
| localhost   | mythtv |
| localhost   | root   |
| sanson      |        |
| sanson      | root   |
+-------------+--------+
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

(Now do the update)

mysql>UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD.....

mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> quit;
Bye
root at sanson:~#

I don't know what you're trying to fix, but that's what it looks like.
Don