[mythtv-users] yum Dependancy

Frostykev frostykev at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 18:20:25 UTC 2004

Maybe I'm reading to much into your posts, but wasn't your problem due to the dual files because of the packages for AMD64?

I installed Fedora Core from the i386 iso's

Min also seems to be one dependancy, python2.4.  Is Python2.4 usually installed from the iso's or from one of the updates?  Maybe I forgot to check a box during the installation?

Chuck Rice <chuck at wildrice.com> wrote:
At 8:12 AM -0800 12/28/04, Frostykev wrote:
>Hello all, I'm starting to build my first MythTV
>system. Also a newbie to Linux. I have searched the
>archives with little success for this problem:
>
>after apt-get install apt yum
>
>I get a dependancy error, specifically:
>
>The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> yum: Depends: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages but
>it is not installable
> Depends: Requires: but it is not installable
>E: Broken packages
>
>I tried re-loading Axels' kickstart, but no changes.
>
>Any ideas? How do I install python2.4, or did I miss
>it in the initial fedora core 3 install?

I was also getting this on an AMD64 system. Thanks to Axels' advice,
I had to remove all i386 modules, then remove yum. See my posts from
yesterday. I am a linux newbie too and had a lot of trouble. -Chuck-

http://mail.yahoo.com