[mythtv-users] nVidia DVI out?

Steve Frank steve.frank at bevcore.com
Mon Dec 27 22:39:36 UTC 2004

mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 01:36:05PM -0600, Steve Frank wrote:
>> Can you post your modeline?  When I use HDTV timings I get
>> ghosting--it's like one of the interlaced frames is down several
>> pixels. It's not unlike Wang Chung's "Everybody Have Fun" video. :-)
>>

> You're the third to report this.  But since other people are
> getting valid output at 1080i under DVI-D from an FX 5200 --
> at least I think they are -- I don't know what to think.
>
> I got the double-vision on an RCA Scenium.  Another reported
> on a different brand of TV.  What TV is yours?

It's a Mitsubishi WS-48515, but I believe the electronics is about the
same for all
current widescreen rear projection Mitsu's.

> I have asked in nvidia linux forums and other other places,
> nobody has had an answer.
>
> So let me confirm...
>

> Are there a number of people here who are doing the following:
>
>     a) Using an FX 2000 card under Linux (drivers 6111, 6629 etc.)
>     b) Using DVI-Digital to output  (not DVI-analog)
>     c) Going into an HDTV at 1080i resolution
>
> And getting a nice clear signal?  I have seen it under
> Powerstrip on windows, is this double-vision something most
> of us are seeing or few
> of us?   Is it possibly an artifact of some chip shared by
> the brands of
> TV that show it?

I get double vision in the 540p mode as well, and the pixels are more
spread apart than in 1080i.

In my case, I AM going from DVI to HDMI with an adapter cable.  I know
plenty of people doing this with a DVD player, though.

Steve