[mythtv-users] Consecutive programs, dual tuners

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Mon Dec 27 06:02:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 03:31:49PM +1100, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > This sounds like a bug the more I think about it.
>
> You're kidding. Much as I love MythTV, that sucks :( I was going to
> buy a 2nd tunrer card to overcome this problem, but if it doesn't work
> that's a real bummer. I would agree that it soudns like a bug as that
> certainly isn't the way I'd expect it to behave.

If you set individual recordings to end late, that will force the second
recording to run on the other card. (If you only had one card, that
configuration would cause a conflict.)

If you use the global post-roll, it is discarded and indeed both
recordings will occur on the same card.

If you record back to back shows on different channels, without starting
either recording early/late, only one card will be used. Thus you lose
the end of the first show if it runs late.

Hamish