[mythtv-users] Consecutive programs, dual tuners

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Dec 24 20:39:03 UTC 2004

<lists at ebourne.me.uk> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 07:34 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > > It seems what you are proposing is a change to the scheduler to
> > > global padding into consideration when more than one card is
> > > and, barring other scheduling conflicts, use multiple tuners to
> > > the padding whenever possible.
> >
> > I dare say he was.
> >
> > And a jolly fine idea too, IMO.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Martin.
> If the 2 cards are there and the second is not in use at the time
> why not?
>Makes sence to me.

So, let's say I'm going to buy a second PVR-250.  What should I do to
ensure that
the scheduling conflicts between two shows gets accounted for and both

cards are used?  Do I need to buffer every show I record by a minute
or so?  I'm not second-guessing any logic, I'm just trying to determine
I put a second card in that it will actually acomplish what I am
intending for it to accomplish - record two shows that are on
whether on the same channel or two different channels?  It sounds like

I can't make a global rule to always pre and post buffer by 5 minutes
to allow for potential end-to-end recording.  I'll need to set this up
each individual show.  Could I do this in the recording profiles

I don't care about recording extra stuff.  I'll just mark everything
from the start of recording to the start of the actual show as a
and the same at the end.

Happy Holidays to those of you celetebrating.  Happy New Year to those

of you observing that as well...

If you don't celebrate either, enjoy the lighter workload this next
week or so!