[mythtv-users] bttv 878 configuration...

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 13:42:53 UTC 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:10:56 -0500, Matt Vollmar <matt at vollmars.com> wrote:

> If you run something like Mandrake, it will recognize it auto-magically,
> but you may end up having to tweak it a little.  Basically, you will
> want to google for something like "bt878 WinTV Linux modprobe.conf" and
> that will show you the kernel modules you should load and all the extra
> parameters...I had to do this to find any extra tweaks for my card.
> Good luck.  I don't have a WinTV, so I can't really give you my settings.
>
> Matt

Matt,

thanks for the reply.  i'm running KnoppMyth and it did recognize the
bt878 card automagically. :)  i was just hoping there was some
documentation a little more tailored to the bttv cards.  i was able to
get a picture but unable to change channels or do anything else.  then
MythFrontEnd locked up on me. :}
i'll google a bit more.
thanks