[mythtv-users] bttv 878 configuration...

Matt Vollmar matt at vollmars.com
Wed Dec 22 23:10:56 UTC 2004

Andrew Close wrote:

>hi all,
>
>before i get flamed, where can i find the archives to this mailing
>list?  i must admit that i haven't searched for a solution there yet.
>
>since i have your attention, :)  , does anyone have a how-to or doc on
>configuring Myth with a bttv878 card?  i have an old Hauppauge Win-TV
>card with a bt878 chip on it.  i know that it works under Linux
>because a friend had it setup once before.  (i'm building a proof of
>concept Myth box to convince the wife that it's worthwhile buying new
>hardware for this project :)
>anyway, i have this card, but haven't found any doc on how to get Myth
>working with it.
>
>thanks
>andy

If you run something like Mandrake, it will recognize it auto-magically,
but you may end up having to tweak it a little.  Basically, you will
want to google for something like "bt878 WinTV Linux modprobe.conf" and
that will show you the kernel modules you should load and all the extra
parameters...I had to do this to find any extra tweaks for my card.
Good luck.  I don't have a WinTV, so I can't really give you my settings.

Matt