[mythtv-users] how do I get component-out?

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Wed Dec 22 22:32:44 UTC 2004

sean darcy wrote:
> My first question is what do I need to get component video - which is
> what the tv needs for 1080i signals. I'd actually assumed the 3000 had
> component out - silly me.  I assume there's some addin card that has this.

Most people here use an nVidia graphics card and a VGA->Component
converter box.

> Second - is mythtv the software I need to make this simple project work?
> If not, what is - and I apologize for cluttering your forum.

MythTV is a full-fledged PVR that can record onto your disk (big disk,
for HDTV) and let you watch at your leisure.  It can take some work to
get set up properly.  If you just want to watch HDTV live, you're better
off using something like the Xine that came with your HD-3000 card.

-Doug