[mythtv-users] Sound missing on some channels

Tim T. tim.timmerman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 21:13:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

  just bought a PVR 350, and installed it.. not without sweat..
Thanks to the posts on this list I got it working.. well, almost: For
some channels,
I don't have sound.

Setup: kernel 2.6.9, unpatched
bttv-0.9.15
ivtv-0.2.0-rc3c
Mythv 0.16
Hauppage PVR350-rev K257, tuner 38
Local cable company is UPC/Netherlands.

Some channels don't have sound, others do. Some times switching to a
channel with sound and then back will fix the problem, until the next
time I switch channels.
mplayer -v - </dev/video0  doesn't give me any sound either..

Suggestions are most welcome.. There are a couple of christmas specials I'd like
to record. :-)

TimT