[mythtv-users] Nicest case I've seen in a while! (S-presso)

Sim simon.hampton at freebel.net
Wed Dec 22 18:33:55 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 22 Dec 2004 12:03, Andrew J wrote:
> Mythtv is screaming to run on this thing!!
>
> http://usa.asus.com/products/desktop/s-presso/overview.htm#

I am looking at this too, and as the HiFi equipment that runs even when the
computer is not switched on is based on Linux, basic compatability looks
pretty straighforward.

However, I don't want to have a separate backend system and yet all of the SFF
systems only have one 1 PCI slot for a tuner card, and that's going to be
very limiting.

The good news with the S-presso seems to be that it has a tuner card built in,
so the PCI slot can be reserved for a second (DVB in my case) card.

Would be very interested in people's experiences with this as it may well be
what I go with

Sim