[mythtv-users] Broke my /dev/video*

wes robbins dw4pres at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 05:46:47 UTC 2004

I have a wintv-350, and a old wintv haup. I went to
put in a second older wintv card into the computer.
When I ran in tv mode, the mythfrontend would fail
with an audio error. So, I pulled the card out. Now
when booted up I got an error about video1 not correct
and the following errors.

Is their a way to reset all the /dev and correct my
problem?  Secondly, is it possible to run an older
win-tv card and a new 350 in the same machine? I like
the idea of the system controlling the audio of both
with btaudio.

Thanks,

Wes.

ivtv: 100 ms time out waiting for firmware
ivtv: api call 0x000000d6
ivtv: init error 20. Code -16
saa7115[0]: decoder disable output
ivtv: 100 ms time out waiting for firmware
ivtv: api call 0x000000cd
ivtv: init error 19. Code -16

saa7115[0]: decoder enable output
ivtv: 100 ms time out waiting for firmware
ivtv: api call 0x00000081
ivtv: startcap error 1. Code -16
ivtv: Timeout waiting for data!
saa7115[0]: decoder set size
Hpsc: 0x00001, Hfsc: 0x00780
Vsrc: 480, Vscy: 0x006aa
saa7115[0]: decoder set size
Hpsc: 0x00001, Hfsc: 0x00780
Vsrc: 480, Vscy: 0x006aa
ivtv: 1000 ms time out waiting for firmware
ivtv: api call 0x00000082
ivtv: stopcap error 2. Code -16

=====