[mythtv-users] HELP! How to debug slave backend

Sean Covel seanecovel at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 01:31:36 UTC 2004

I have a fully functioning MythBackend and MythFrontend.  I'm getting
greedy.  I want to add another backend with another tuner.  The tuner
works in xawtv.  MythBackend is installed and configured.  It starts up.
  The log file says "Running as a slave backend"

To test the second tuner I setup a recording to record whatever happens
to be on right now, and then tried to watch livetv.  I get the message
that all available inputs are busy.  Nothing in the logs.  How do I go
about debugging this?

Thanks,

Sean