[mythtv-users] RAID on Fedora Core 3?

Max Waterman davidmaxwaterman at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 17:20:54 UTC 2004

OK, I think I've decided to do raid in linux's mdadmin tool.

So, now I just need to find a card or cards that will support 8 drives
each with it's own channel. I have failed to find a non-raid card larger than
a 2-channel card. All the ones more than 2 channels are labeled 'raid'.

I know many have warned against Promise, but I think that is mainly due to their
use as raid devices. I know they do some 4 channel cards - do they work
ok in that mode? I know the 2-channel 'RAID' card works as a plain IDE
controller. Anyone have a 4-channel one? Anyone care to guess?

Max.