[mythtv-users] several Problems with MythTV/hd-2000

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Tue Dec 21 08:11:36 UTC 2004

I have FINALLY seen a picture from my hd-2000 card, and now need to
get it working 'better'

(1) The sound appears to come in little 'chunks' with spaces between
them... WHAT should the audio be set to?  (Ill assume that an incorrect
setting is the problem)

(2) The video comes up for about 30sec, and then I drop back to the
(previous) MythTV screen (where I can choose 'Watch TV'), related to
this (I assume) is the message in the messages coming out of mythfrontend

    Remote encoder not responding

What is this trying to tell me?  What remote encoder?

(3) When I had the PVR-250 card installed, when I had a picture on the
screen (ok, monitor) I could hit the 'M' key and bring up a menu, or I could
hit numeric keys to change channels.  with the pcHDTV card installed I can
do neither.  What gives?

(4) I CANT change channels within MythTV.  The only way I can set a channel
is to run dtvsignal once mythfrontend is up.  And YES the 'Video Source'
screen is set to 'us-bcast'.  It almost feels like one program knows how
to talk to the tuner and the other doesnt.  Any ideas???

This is all with the latest, greatest patch from pcHDTV. (04)

                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com