[mythtv-users] Saa7134 experience

Kristof Pelckmans kristof.pelckmans at antwerpen.be
Mon Dec 20 23:13:17 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have used MythTV with a bttv card, but now I changed it in favour of a new
Compro Videomate Gold+ II card that has a saa7134 tuner. My objective is to get
wss decoding going with this card (the bt8x8 did not have the proper vbi
slicer).

However, getting a decent image out of this card seems to be a pain. I got xawtv
working. The only thing I see is a garbled moving picture :

http://home.scarlet.be/~kpelckma/saa7134.jpg

I fiddled a bit with the NuppelVideoRecorder, and I think that v4l2 is disabled
for this chipset. At first I thought it had something to do with the buffer
types (yuv420p vs yuv422p), but I have tried with different output plugins (xv
and directfb).

Can anyone diagnose the error from the screenshot ? Even a pointer in the right
direction would be welcome.

Cheers,

Kristof