[mythtv-users] ext3 to xfs conversion worth it

David Rees drees at greenhydrant.com
Mon Dec 20 09:21:42 UTC 2004

I finally got around to converting my root partition on my combination
frontend/backend mythtv box from ext3 to xfs running on FC3.  Deletions
of recordings were taking forever with ext3, and they are much faster
with xfs, just about instantaneous.  In general all disk access seems to
be faster, but that may be my imagination.  If you are running ext3, I
would highly recommend you switch filesystems!

-Dave