1394 and compressing analog Re: [mythtv-users] Beginner Question

jgvp jgvp at cogeco.ca
Mon Dec 20 06:09:19 UTC 2004

I want to thank you, Brad, for shedding some light on what has been
plaguing me for months in attempting to get my head around this HDTV
via satellite process. Oh, I have a HDTV set with a STB HD receiver and
it has just been a matter of buying the HD LCD RPTV set, the HD
receiver, and paying the monthly dues, and that was all that I bothered
about until a friend introduced me to building a DIY LCD projector.
Trying to figure out why it wasn't a simple matter of connecting the
STB receiver to a HTPC and the projector had for a time presented what
appeared to be an insurmountable problem and I couldn't reason why. I
don't know how Myth will fit into my plans, but then I haven't been
around here too long and there's obviously a lot to learn. You have at
least helped me over the first hurdle for which I am truly grateful.
Cheers.