[mythtv-users] Re: atrpms-package-config vs medley-package-config(was: Fresh FC1 and Myth 0.16 install observations/questions)

George Lopez geokimlopez at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 05:19:07 UTC 2004

Can anyone please help me?
No progress for me.  I am installing myth on FC1 build
(PVR250, P4 2.4 GHz)
I have done the following:
1.  edit /etc/apt/sources.list and replace at-stable
with at-testing
2.  commented-out lines with kde references
4.  inserted below lines into sources.list file:

# Fedora Core 1
rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/1/i386 core
updates

# FreshRPMS for Fedora Core 1
rpm http://freshrpms.atrpms.net/ fedora/linux/1/i386
freshrpms
rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/1/i386
freshrpms

# NewRPMS for Fedora Core 1
rpm http://newrpms.atrpms.net/apt/ redhat/en/i386/fc1
newrpms
rpm http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/ redhat/en/i386/fc1
newrpms
4.  Ran apt-get update
5.  Got errors below:
--Snip--
Failed to fetch
http://apt.bea.ki.se/biorpms/fedora/linux/1/i386/base/pkglist.biorpms
 Temporary failure resolving 'apt.bea.ki.se'
Failed to fetch
http://rpms.subpop.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/base/pkglist.production
 404 Not Found
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been
ignored, or old ones used instead.
[root at localhost root]#
5.  Tried installing mythtv suite anyway.  Get errors:
[root at localhost root]# apt-get install mythtv-suite
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean
that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using
the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet
been created
or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is
extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report
against
that package should be filed.
The following information may help to resolve the
situation:

  mythtv-suite: Depends: mythdvd (>= 0.16) but it is
not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
[root at localhost root]#

I feel like I have gone through all of the necessary
trouble shooting steps to resolve install problems for
mythtv, but I am really not having any luck at all.  I
even ran the script to rebuild the database as listed
in Jarod's FC3 install guide.  It was not this hard
last time I tried to install myth on FC1.

Again, can anyone please help me?

Thanks,
George