[mythtv-users] No video devices in /dev

John L perrin7 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 01:37:56 UTC 2004

I spent a good chunk of the day getting NVidia's 6629 drivers working in
FC3. Once I got them working I followed Jerod's guide, and when I entered
 >ll /dev/video? I initially got one entry, /dev/video0. That was unexpected
(my previous FC2 box had 4 enties like the guide) but I continued on.
However, since a reboot, there are now no entried for /dev/video?, and of
course the backend doesn't work because there is no /dev/video.

Where do I look, or what do I need to do to correct this?