[mythtv-users] Re: Mythbackend keeping files open, disk space not being freed

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sat Dec 18 19:57:15 UTC 2004

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 07:06:48PM +0000, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:
> > I just encountered a somewhat serious bug.  I noticed my partition was
> > low on disk space, and deleted some older videos, and while the files
> > were deleted and to du they were gone, to df the space was still used.
>
> This is an old issue, and to my knowledge is fixed in CVS.

And somebody else here indicated, I forget who, that it could also be
fixed by accessing the files over NFS.  It's not clear from the docs
how this happens.  I know how to mount my video directories over NFS,
does the frontend just magically check the NFS filesystem first to
see if it can read the file directly before asking the server to stream
it?

How does this work if the frontend is also a slave backend, as I will
probably do because I want to insert a pvr-250 in it to give me remote
control and ability to record from my satellite box, whose cable runs to
the TV-room and not the master backend's room.

Unfortunately I have an annoying bug that is stopping me from compiling
from CVS on my backend.  It is a FC3 system upgraded from RH9 (from RH7.3)
and it has some sort of legacy library problem I have not yet figured out,
which cases the linking of the tools to abort with this message:

    /usr/bin/ld: mythepg: hidden symbol `__eprintf' in /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.2/libgcc.a(_eprintf.oS) is referenced by DSO

However, this is not, as far as I can tell, a Myth problem, it is a problem
with some ancient library somewhere on my system, so I have not as yet dug
it out.