[mythtv-users] PVR-250 Tuner Receiving Intermittently

Babak Pasdar bpasdar at pasdar.com
Sat Dec 18 14:13:19 UTC 2004

On the heals of solving one problem with an IR Blaster, I am experienceing another
issue.

I have a fresh install of MythTV using a PVR-250 card with Fedora Core 2 ad I can
get the Tuner to work maybe one out of 10 times but only after I reboot.  Normally I
get static.

I have re-configured my settings through the mythtvsetup several times now including
re-doing the whole thing from scratch.  However all I get is Static and every once
in a blue moon after a reboot it works.

I have tried to modprobe -r ivtv however it just hangs there with no response. I am
using rpm from ATRPMs and running 2.6.9-1.6 kernel. I have also tried to use ATRPMS
src ivtv rpm but when I do a rpmbuild -ba I get:

error: line 1: Unknown tag: %kmdl ivtv

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Babak