[mythtv-users] FC1 problem at install mythtv Step

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sat Dec 18 11:23:13 UTC 2004

> I have been going through Jarod's guide and got stuck
> at the install mythtv step.  I saw the "BIG, FAT, IF
> kde-redhat.atrpms.net entries in /etc/apt/sources.list
> (simply place a # in front of all kde-redhat lines)...
> I looked in my sources.config file, but did not see
> any lines that had anything to do with kde.  What am I
> missing?  I don't remember having this issue last time
> I tried installing mythtv on FC1.
The sources.list was modidifed a while back to eliminate any repositories
not needed for a basic bare bones install of mythtv. If you want to include
the full repository list you will need to install the upgraded list. I
cannot remember the name exactly but it has the word "medley" in the name so
a search of the archives should give you plenty of references. Also a look
at the fc2 or fc3 install docs should point it out.

Bottom line, you can ignore that warning now.