[mythtv-users] Future of mtd with the job queue

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sat Dec 18 03:35:53 UTC 2004

I was ripping that last batch of DVD I have today on both combo
front/backend myth boxes I have and was wondering if there was any
future in mtd, given that the job queue is such a nice framework for the
transcoding side of the house.  This way, instead of mtd being used to
transcode, jobs would be submitted to the job queue instead, to be run
on whichever backend was free.

Now, as I understand it, mtd is a frontend process, while the job queue
is for backends only.  But can't the job queue be set to accept jobs for
the frontends too? ;)

In fact, it would make good sense for the same thing to apply to CD-
ripping too, no?  (On a per-cd basis, of course).

Just some ideas...

	-Ian