[mythtv-users] DTIVO v. MythTV (Pvr-350) Quality

David George david at thegeorges.us
Fri Dec 17 19:24:59 UTC 2004

On 12/17/2004 12:49 PM, Joe Barnhart wrote:

>DirecTV signals for
>local channels is as poor as it gets, IMHO.  I'm
>thoroughly disgusted with satellite and it wouldn't
>take much to convince me to dump DirecTV altogether.
>
>I'm now recording my local channels via ATSC
>over-the-air (from 45 miles away) and the quality is
>breathtaking.

While I agree with you that ATSC OTA blows everything else away, DirecTV
locals aren't the worse.  Try watching local channels on Time Warner
cable here.  Channels 2-13 are horrible.  Unfortunately, channel 4 and
has always been the worst.  I can't miss my Alias.  I was very happy
when the local ABC got their HDTV running well enough last year to watch
it in HD.

--
David