[mythtv-users] Cooler Master Cavalier2: Experiences?

Nick Rosier nick.rosier at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 15:55:04 UTC 2004

I'm also using this case; mainly cause it's nice-looking, fits in with
my stereo (got the same dimensions) and fits a regular ATX M/B. It's
one of the nicest cases I've ever had.
Don't know what CPU you are going for, I've got a Sempron 3100+ which
according to tests I've seen doesn't need more than 50W or so under
heavy load. If you're going for one of those heaters they got
now-a-days (100W....) with a high-end GPU (another heater) you might
get short. I've got 1 HD in there (soon a 2nd one), PVR-350 and that's
about it.
As for heat, don't have a problem with that either; system temperature
is about 30C (about 90F). For the moment I'm using the default fans
which are already really quiet but they'll soon be replaced by some
even more quiet ones with a 3-pins molex so I can connect them to my
fan-controller and get it even more quiet. This box is running 24/7 in
my living room so I really want it whisper quiet.

N.