[mythtv-users] TV Output

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 13:01:00 UTC 2004

Sure, damage to the TV is possible, but not very likely! Just make
sure that you wire it all up correctly, it's a very simple circuit.

Until you're into X you'll be outputting a signal well outside of
PAL/NTSC spec (I believe the horizontal rate of your graphics card is
roughly double that of PAL/NTSC). What you'll most likely see is two
squashed images side-by-side on your TV before you get to X, or maybe
just garbage is the TV fails to sync to anything. Again, it's
_possible_ this could damage your TV, but i've never heard of this
happening.

If it's a modern TV it may not display anything and just stay blank
until it receives an in-spec signal, YMMV.

Steve