[mythtv-users] Consecutive programs, dual tuners

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Dec 17 02:15:45 UTC 2004

Phill Edwards wrote:

>Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're proposing here. Could you
>please elaborate? One suggestion I have on this would be to combine
>the 2 programs into a single recording and provide some functionality
>to allow them to be cut into 2 later on when watching it. That may all
>be a bit hard, though. It's a difficult one, this one, because you end
>up having to watch the end of one program by finding and viewing the
>start of the next one that followed it. On a VCR that doesn't matter
>because everything's recorded serially on tape. In the PVR world this
>becomes more of a problem.

What I'm proposing is this.  Currently if a recording goes from 8pm to
9:01pm and another goes from 9:00pm to 10:00pm, the second will not be
recorded (assuming 1 tuner) because of the overlap.  I'd like the
scheduler, at 9:01pm, to recognize that program 2 is only 1 minute into
the show and start recording it when the tuner becomes available despite
the 1 minute overlap resulting in 1 minute missing from the second
show.   I don't like setting  the "record late" option on program 2
because it will *always* record late even when there is no conflict.

Kevin