[mythtv-users] X over PVR-350

dave davedog at mac.com
Thu Dec 16 21:11:00 UTC 2004

I think I am running into this problem (x grabbing 99% of my cpu and
not outputting anything) and while I don't have my Myth box in front of
me at the moment, I'm sort of confused and thus `I do have a couple of
questions, silly as they might be.

It's stated below that the ivtv driver only supports one device. Does
this mean that I physically have to remove my monitor and card from the
machine or does it mean can only run X on one piece of hardware at a
time.

Next regarding John's statement:
"Changing the fcdev option to ivtv fixes that problem": are we talking
in xorg.conf here?

Is it ok to mix and match ivtvdev_drv.o and ivtv modules? Or should
they both be from the same version. It's not really that big of a deal
to do another make, but I ivtv's not crashing on me at the moment,
which is a big step, so I'd like to only change what is necessary.

Lastly John when you have a new version of the driver, where might that
show up? It seems there are two ivtv trees. Chris's tree and the main
ivtv branch on sourceforge.

Thanks!

-Dave