[mythtv-users] Can Myth be all I want it to be?

Brent Olson av4me at bitrealm.com
Thu Dec 16 17:45:31 UTC 2004

I want a Myth box, but first:  Can MythTv meet my requirements?

1)  DVI Output to a projector at 1280x720p
2)  HDTV OTA recording
3)  Web Surfing
4)  Picture Viewing
5)  Once setup by me, easy to use and pretty to show off
6)  10/100 network
7)  Wireless remote for normal functions (tv, dvd)
8)  Wireless keyboard/mouse for browsing
9)  Very quiet operation
10) DVD progrssive playback upconverted to 1280x720p
11) Dolby Digital 5.1 output (digital optical or coaxial)
12)  Be able to record 8+ hours of HDTV and 5.1 audio

So I have the PCHDTV-3000 card.  Which video card to get that
will work with Mythtv and be able to output everything via the
DVI port at 1280x720p?

What case to put all this in?  I'd prefer it NOT look like
a pc.  Will the ASUS Pundit work for all the hardware?

Motherboard?  Amount of RAM?  Processor?  Disk space?  How much disk space does
HDTV + 5.1 audio use? 1 hour = XX gigs?

Budget?  Under $2K should be doable for this, right?