[mythtv-users] Very slight jitter on high power machine

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 00:26:35 UTC 2004

--- Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org> wrote:

> You might also check that your video refresh rate is
> very close to 59.94
> (60 * 1000/1001) Hz (for US).  If it's not, Myth
> will have to
> periodically extend or skip a frame to keep in sync.

I'm using some of Brandon Beattie's modelines, which
work perfectly on my system.  I have a CRT based RPTV
with VGA input locked to 1080i.  I can feed it either
59.94 or 60 Hz.

http://www.linuxis.us/linux/media/howto/linux-htpc/video_card_configuration.html

> If you're not running AC3 passthrough, you can
> instead try turning on
> "use video as timebase," which will warp the audio
> instead of the video.

No can do.  I'm a dedicated AC3 passthrough kinda guy.

> One other thing to check... are some shows 29.97 /
> 59.94 Hz and some
> shows 30/60 Hz?

I have not seen that.  All are 59.94 that I've
noticed.  Wish it were easier to get debug information
from mythfrontend.