[mythtv-users] Mythmusic problems with ripping

charlesrandle at cwjamaica.com charlesrandle at cwjamaica.com
Tue Dec 14 15:53:07 UTC 2004

Hi All,

OS details : Fedora Core 3 on AMD64

I'm desperate for dome help with the following problems:

1) Whenever I try to rip CDs I get the following error on my console(where mythfrontend is run) :
"metadata.o:  Your database is out of whack.  This is not good."
 This message comes up repeatedly and the rip sometimes hangs completely :-( What causes this and how can I fix it ?

2) When ripping CDs (when possible) and monitoring the output directory , no output files are generated (using perfect quality rip) all I see is a file ".flac" : nothing before the extension. The system looks like everything is fine (reports rip progress) but this file is constantly overwritten for each track and at the end I end up with nothing. What causes this and How can I remedy this ?

Note that I have changed the music store directory from /var/lib/mythmusic to a directory under the HOME of the mythtv user (/home/mythtv/music).

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Charles