[mythtv-users] RE: execute menu option from remote

John Ellis johnEllis at alumni.creighton.edu
Tue Dec 14 14:27:58 UTC 2004

Opps… I found the way to do this.  I poked around the db tables, and sure
enough, there is a db table that does exactly what I wanted, “jumppoints”

So for the hotkeys I wanted (videos, weather and news) I did the following:

update jumppoints set keylist = ‘F5’ where destination = ‘MythNews’;

etc…

once for each new hotkey I wanted.  I then just edited the .lircrc to add
those to the controls I had mapped my soft keys on my remote to.  So easy…
what would I do without this stuff.

   _____