[mythtv-users] Required proc speed for PVR-350 output

Andrew Guenther andguent at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 23:38:36 UTC 2004

I am looking to start purchasing components for my first MythTV box. I
keep on coming up with what-ifs right as I decide I'm almost ready to
start spending money.

If using the TV out of a Haup 350, what speed processor (and amount of
memory) would be recommended for being able to play ripped DVD files
or DivX avi's from the hard drive or network? Should a 1ghz be able to
handle an uncompressed rip of LotR-RotK in .vob files?

Thanks.

Andrew