[mythtv-users] Problems tuning PVR 250

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 22:32:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:40:18 -0600, Brad <brad at bradandkim.net> wrote:
> I am running the coax out from a digital cable box into the tuner of a
> PVR 250 and I can't get it tuned in at all.  I have been running
> `/usr/lib/ivtv/ptune-ui.pl &  mplayer /dev/video0` and trying all
> different combinations.  Things definitely change and range anywhere
> from a black screen to a screen with wavy colors, to regular old snow.
> The tuner
> shows up as a type 2 and I added that option to modprobe.conf:

Have you tried this:

cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/tmp.mpg
mplayer -vo xv /tmp/tmp.mpg

That is what finally worked for me. Also for me, even when I tuned
snow or waves with what you tried, Myth had no problems with the
tuner. Might be worth seeing if Myth recognizes the card, even if you
have problems manually tuning.

HTH,
Lane

--