[mythtv-users] DVB in Guildford, UK...

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Mon Dec 13 16:28:18 UTC 2004

On Monday 13 Dec 2004 15:16, Jules Gosnell wrote:
> Are aerials directional ? Perhaps the one on my roof just happens to be
> pointing more in the direction of the Guildford transmitter ?
Um yes.... and polarised horizontally or vertically and some aerials are also
'tuned' to just pick up some frequencies (and thus cut out more
interference). I did have a nice link somewhere about the aerial types... but
googling will probably get the information quicker.

I tried a few different aerials and ended up with a simple maxview wideband
one with an amp, that picked up the best signal for me.

The ofcom site has a list of transmitters and frequencies:

There, crystal palace is horizontal and guildford is vertical.

Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - tech | http://www.ivor.org - hedge