[mythtv-users] MythMusic - NonID3FileNameFormat

Matthias Meyer Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li
Sun Dec 12 21:40:09 UTC 2004

I do not understand the configuration of MythMusic. Please help!

I store my mp3s in directory /music. Therein I have filenames called
<Interpret> - <Title>.mp3.
In addition I plan to implement a directory-structure for genre like:
/music/<genre>/<Interpret> - <Title>.mp3

How I have to specify the NonID3FileNameFormat to scan these data correct.

At this time I have specified the NonID3FileNameFormat as
but the "Scan for New" then often have music as Artist and "Unknown Genre"
as Genre.

Thanks for any help to help me to understand the syntax.
no panic