[mythtv-users] Epia MII6K vs MII10K for a Frontend

Derek Jennings derek at disposable.dnsalias.org
Sun Dec 12 17:48:45 UTC 2004

If you buy the right case you can remove the fan altogether.
My M10K is in a Sythe e-otonashi case which uses a heat pipe to transfer the
CPU heat to a massive external heatsink.
http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=3#eotonashi

That case has no room for a PCI card. There are other solutions like the Hush
which has a PCI slot http://www.mini-itx.com/store/product.asp?sid=HUSH but
its pretty pricey.

I run my M10K without a hard drive and mount the file system over 'cluster
NFS' so it is TOTALLY silent.

derek

www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org