[mythtv-users] Problem with mythtranscode + transcode to DVD Mpeg

Scott Carr scarr at progbits.com
Fri Dec 10 16:23:21 UTC 2004

I have been using NuvExport to generate dvd style Mpeg videos.  For most
of the movies I have generated (somewhere around 75+) things have been
working great.  Occassionally, I have a movie that develops a strange
problem.

Basically the transcode works.  I am seeing the video and audio syncing
fine.  Then, at some point in the movie I'll get 50-100 duplicate
frames.  The audio does not repeat like the video does, so from that
point on the sync is out on the video.

In the latest movie that has developed this issue, from frame 110934 to
frame 111231 frame 110934 is duplicated, then the movie picks back up
and completes correctly.  It is the audio that is out of sync for 5-10
seconds from that point on.

Keep in mind that I can run the same video within mythtv and watch the
video - audio work fine.

I have a Haupauge WinTV-Go card.  MythTV create a standard NuppelVideo
file that is not Mpeg, from what I understand.  (I do not have the card
that exports MP2 streams directly.)

-- First question --
Is there a way to remove several frames from a video, and still be able
to mpex the files together?  If so, could I use avidemux on the m2v file
or is there some other way?

-- Second Question --
Is there anything specific that you can think about that would cause
this problem?

--
Scott Carr
OpenOffice.org