[mythtv-users] Advice on TV vs Monitor to use with Epia M10k

Derek Jennings derek at disposable.dnsalias.org
Fri Dec 10 11:43:48 UTC 2004

Thanks for pointing me to Terry Barnaby's page Steve. Its a great resource
(If you are out there Terry Thanks!)

From my reading of Terry's analysis I conclude that a 16:9 aspect ratio TV
will be no problem with the Epia, and the TV quality will be good, but I am
still not clear about how well a monitor might perform, and there is also the
question about will a 'progressive scan' LCD TV behave differently to a
normal 'interlaced' TV. I assume a progressive scan TV can receive an
interlaced signal. So does that mean the TV does the deinterlacing itself,
and I do not have to worry about doing it in the Epia?

Any other opinions would be welcome.

Thanks

derek

--