[mythtv-users] Mythmusic on Xbox with SPDIF ?

Jonathan Oexner jonathan.oexner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 06:38:17 UTC 2004

Howdy,

Okay, for the slow kids in the back (like myself), what lines did you
have to add to /etc/modutils/alsa ?

For reference, I'm using the mythtv-xbox 0.4.3, I'm trying to get coax
digital out working in MythMusic (works in MythTV proper), I've got
the sound device in MythMusic config set to /dev/adsp and the top of
my .asoundrc looks like this:

pcm.!default {
 type plug
# Uncomment the following to use mixed analog by default
# slave.pcm "dmix-analog"
# Uncomment the following to use unmixed digital by default
slave.pcm "digital-hw"
# Uncomment the following to use mixed digital by default
# slave.pcm "dmix-digital"
}

Thanks,
-Jon

P.S.: What difference does it make which of the above lines I comment out?